Friday, June 15, 2012
Doctor calls...
June 15, 2012
The doctor called today and said the chromosome tests for Downs or Turners came back "very positive." Turners disease is a chromosomal abnormality in which the baby dies around 20 weeks. And of course we all know what Downs syndrome is. He also said with my Rh sensitivity this could mean a number of different things and we just have to wait and see (of course). It is overwhelmingly sad to me that so many women would choose to kill their own baby at this point. Over 90% of Downs babies are never held in their mothers arms bc they are aborted. How sad. Those babies go into Jesus's arms but how sad for those women who must deal with the pain and sorrow and regret of choosing death and also how sad for the joy of a beautiful human being that God made that they missed out on.
If we do have a baby with Downs syndrome, that baby will be loved every day of his or her life. That baby may not know much, but what is more important than learning love and learning about Jesus? When I first told Karl that they baby may have Downs, he said, "oh good, those babies are so cute!" I love that. Every day we go though this, I love Karl more and more. And I love Isaac more and more. And I love Jesus more and more. So ALREADY good has come from this situation.
I read a wonderful verse that I meditate on almost hourly now. Psalm 119:75 "I know, O Lord, that your rules are righteous, and in your faithfulness, you have afflicted me." What a great verse for Karl and I at this time! God is not in heaven saying "ooops" rather He designed this situation and allowed it and has good to come of it, if we trust in Him. And indeed, good already has come from it as I mentioned earlier. Please pray that Gods will be done. Please pray that my mind would hold fast to Jesus and not wander down a myriad of unhelpful avenues, in which it tends to wander.
The Lord gives and takes away, my heart will choose to say, Lord blessed be Your Name.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Everyone is going to love this baby so much! I love how God always provides us with just what we need from the Bible. We'll continue to pray for God's will and that your relationship with God and with each other would grow stronger and stronger.
ReplyDeleteMy eyes filled with tears... Not at the possibility of a baby with Downs or Turner's syndrome, but at Karl's response to the news. My heart holds you in a very special place, Dawn. Thane and I will pray for His will and His strength to carry you and your family. With love, Teri
ReplyDeletePS~ I will never forget getting our genetic testing results back during my pregnancy with Megan, nor will I forget the doctors encouraging us to abort our baby. My beautiful blessing of a daughter is 25 now... I cannot even imagine a world without her in it...