Sunday, June 17, 2012
Father's Day
June 17,2012
Today we were able to tell our church body at Summit about our situation, in very limited detail, and they prayed for us. I believe 100% in the power of Prayer. I believe if God chooses he can heal our little one. And while I appreciate story after story about people hearing bad news and then the baby turns out perfectly healthy, I do not want to pretend to know Gods plan for OUR baby. What if He Predestined this baby for Downs or even death? I must be ok with that. And I am. Because there is no where better for any person in the whole world to be than right in the center of God's will.
I am at peace at this time with any circumstance God has for us. For I know, that God gives us trials to sharpen us and mold us and grow us in Him. I am not pretending I will feel this way every day, but I pray that that will be the case. I have times of fear. Fear that I will be very sad at some point and not be a good mother to Isaac or not a good wife to Karl. I know though that God did not give us a spirit of fear, but the spirit as adoption as sons of Christ, and we can call him "Abba, (or aDaddy)." (Romans 8) I just have to deal with that as it comes bc God will give me the strength I need for each day as I call on Him as my father. Plus, I am overwhelmingly blessed with tons and tons of family and friends who are there for us ANY time we need them and that is an indescribable gift!
There is nothing more that I will be finding out about the baby for a month bc I have my next ultrasound at 16 weeks. After that, I believe I will be getting a check every week to see if the baby starts getting stressed or anemic. I also will find out at that appointment a little more clearly, just what the odds are of this baby having Downs syndrome. So I am not sure how many more blogs I will have before then, but just know I plead for your prayers and appreciate you all. This baby will be incredibly loved no matter what! Of that, I am 100% sure!
And remember, the Lord gives and He takes away, but our heart must CHOOSE to say, Lord, blessed be Your Name.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I already love baby 2 and you guys! And Karl is right, DS babies are so cute! :) ♥ You know I have you on my heart and therefore in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteThe process of becoming holy is so hard, but I am glad you are clinging to God. No better way to do it.
ReplyDelete