Saturday, June 30, 2012

Only one promise

June 30, 2012 Today I am feeling better. Praise God, He is answering all the prayers of my friends and family diligently praying for me. Tonight I was rocking Isaac and I just held him close and thanked God over and over for this precious perfect healthy baby boy. He is such a delight to me and Karl. I was not given Isaac because of something Karl or I did to deserve him, rather he is a gift we do not deserve. And I was thinking about how so many people think we deserve things. Whether it be money or kids or a spouse, or anything else. Truth is, we deserve nothing but eternal separation from God for the sins we have committed against him. And I was thinking about people I know who have walked away from their faith and Jesus Christ and I think maybe they believed that they were promised something, or deserved something for their faith. Obviously this is not faith at all, but rather an exchange of good deeds for what God could give them. The ONLY thing we are promised is eternal salvation if we believe in Jesus Christ and Him crucified. John 10:28 "I will give then eternal life and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand." Thank you Jesus. Karl and I are not promised a healthy baby. We are not promised children at all. We were blessed beyond measure when we had Isaac and will be equally blessed with this baby no matter how long it has life. We do not deserve a healthy baby and we do not expect one. We are happy with what ever Christ chooses to do with this pregnancy and this life. Even if I carry it for many months and God chooses to take it into His arms and we never get to hold it while it is alive, it will not have been for nothing. God has a plan through it all. And I have to hold firm to the faith I have always known so that I do not get disqualified from this race of faith I have been running for my whole life. If I begin to believe I deserve things, I can slip away from this faith and resent God in sin. I will not do this. I will hold fast to the Lord as I have always known Him and loved Him. My ultrasound is July 16th. It seems like forever until that day. I will get to hear the heartbeat, if God so chooses. After that I will begin the weekly ultrasounds to check the baby's blood flow in his or her brain. Thank you for listening to my thoughts and feelings. I love you all and covet your prayers for this life within. The Lord gives and takes away, but my heart will choose to say, Lord, blessed be your name!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I've been thinking about the verse you shared earlier. Its a good one for many people! Thank you for speaking up about this crazy "I deserve" attitude....yeah I deserve HELL is what I deserve!
    Love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, your words are so true! We are owed nothing, WE OWE God all and are so blessed that he loans us these beautiful gifts we call children. I will continue to keep you, Karl and this little one in my prayers.

    Patty M

    ReplyDelete
  3. This morning I was reading my bible and came across this verse "when I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him." psalm 8:3-4

    Your words are Stuck in my heart! I've always felt as though I never deserved anything at all, And it keeps me completely appreciative for every thing I have. I'll be relentless in prayer for your family, your heart and your sweet little baby because I believe in prayer! Thank you for your insight as it is such an encouragement to everyone of us who reads it!

    You are a living, breathing example of Gods love and promises!


    Love you!

    ReplyDelete